The purpose of this document is to define the requirements and responsibilities for managing, tracking, resolving and closing all findings and recommendations from audits and assessments by the following:
- Department of Energy (DOE) Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- DOE Office of Enterprise Assessments (EA)
- Stanford University Office of Audit, Compliance and Policy (ACP)
- Business Technology and Financial Services (BSIT) internal audits and financial controls assessments
Audits, assessments, inspections, etc., performed by other external agencies not listed above are coordinated and managed by the Laboratory organization with management and oversight responsibility for the associated subject area. For example, the annual hazardous waste/materials assessment performed by San Mateo County Environmental Health (“CUPA”) is coordinated and managed by Environment, Safety, and Health (ES&H) Division.