Contract Assurance & Contract Management
Thursday, July 25, 2019
The purpose of SLAC’s Enterprise Risk Management Program (ERMP) is to provide a systematic approach and associated guidance that enable:
- Integrated and systematic identification of risks that may impact the success of the Laboratory,
- Elevation of identified risks to the appropriate level of SLAC management for decision-making and risk management,
- Effective management of such risks to be within SLAC’s risk tolerances,
- Reasonable assurance to key stakeholders that Laboratory objectives can be achieved using proper identification and management of risks, and
- Effective communication of risk management to key stakeholders.
The ERMP approach helps identifies potential problems before they occur so that risk mitigation may be planned and implemented as needed to reduce adverse impacts. This approach is designed to ensure the Laboratory delivers on its mission objectives. In addition, the approach fulfils the Laboratory’s obligations under Prime Contract Clause H.4.1.3 Contractor Assurance System by integrating risk management with key Laboratory processes, such as strategy development, performance assessment, and issues management.